Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Hobby

So for christmas I got one of these ridiculous doll cake pans from my brother, which revived in me the long held desire to be able to make pretty cakes. (As a little girl on two occasions I told my dad when I grew up I wanted to be the lady who decorates cakes at Shop&Save)  As it turns out, I haven't tackled the doll yet, but I've made a lot of cupcakes and am slowly progressing as a decorator.

Anyway, these are the cakes I made up for my mom's  Knit All Day celebration:  little sheep and balls of yarn with pocky-and-cheerio needles.  The cupcakes themselves were swiss chocolate with almond-butter filling, and the frosting was buttercream with a bit of almond-extract substituted for vanilla.  I thought they were pretty delicious, and the knitting ladies seemed to be very impressed.    


No comments:

Post a Comment