Friday, January 28, 2011

More Cupcakey-goodness

These cupcakes were another break-project, pretty much directly lifted from the Hello Cupcake book, but with better cake/frosting. (I love the ideas but don't love canned frosting: ick!) The butterflies were made by piping chocolate melts onto parchment paper (which was really tricky in my freezing cold house: they hardened almost immediately and didn't give me much time to work) and then I propped them up on broken hershey bar pieces onto the cupcakes.



The cake was German chocolate (from a mix, I'm ashamed to say) filled with peanut butter filling (modified from a recipe off Better Homes and Gardens: peanut butter, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar) and the frosting was home-made cream cheese, piped from a Wilton 1m tip. The butterflies weren't exactly perfect but I was still really happy: and they tasted incredible.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful butterflies! I've been wanting to try this for a while :).

    ReplyDelete