Thursday, February 3, 2011

Serious business here

Sewing Club starts up again tomorrow, and we're making pajama pants. Well, starting to make them anyway. My assistant is really focused on getting our kids to be able to read a commercial pattern (I'd much rather they learn how things go together so that they don't need to rely on often poorly-written confusing blueprints and so they can move on to making their own patterns someday) but I guess it is a fairly useful skill, even if it's boring to teach. In light of that tomorrow they're going to start making elastic-waist pj pants from a Simplicity pattern, which shouldn't be too hard.

Anyway, my delightful babies sometimes have difficulty with follow-through, so anyone who wants to do this project is going to need to sign a contract. Thus the seriousness. Here's what I drew up:


I _____________________________ want to make my own pair of pajama pants.
  I promise that in order to make these super cool pajamas…
                1.I will participate in all lessons about pattern reading
                2.I will faithfully attend all meetings (unless I need to miss one for an approved reason) until I    
                finish this project.

I also understand that pajamas are not a quick project, and will take at least six weeks to finish.

___________________________________________                      ___________________
Signature                                                                                                       Date


...and yes, six weeks is an ABSURDLY long time and if it takes that long I will be rather surprised but I want to err on the side of caution here.

No comments:

Post a Comment