Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Quick, dirty and delicious

So for whatever reason, all possible cake-related events have smooshed themselves into a period of only a couple of weeks. My former room-mates birthday was a few days ago, my boss' birthday is today, another friend's birthday is on Monday(which is also Valentine's Day.)

I made these cupcakes over the weekend and froze them until today, and after class today I quickly frosted them so I can bring them into the costume shop tomorrow. These babies are chocolate mud-cake with strawberry buttercream, except for the middle white one which is the same vanilla buttercream from every other cupcake I've ever made.  I'm pretty pleased with the pretty-to-time ratio, but am looking forward to my anti-Valentine's bleeding heart cupcakes this weekend, which I hope to be able to invest more time and effort into.
 
Oh, and please excuse my ridiculous comforter in the background.  So I love parrots, big deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment