Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas Crafting



I finished my first legit Christmas gift yesterday, at the expense of some much more important activites (i.e. my homework.) Her name is for Celia and she's for a friend who likes dolls. Or possibly I'll find something else to do with her, I can't quite make up her mind. The pattern is mostly from the book Wee Wonderfuls, which I impulse bought on Amazon and am not entirely impressed with, but I am really happy with this doll.




I'm also making a couple of quilled snowflake ornaments in addition to my usual felt ones. I think they look quite elegant, but they take a somewhat ridiculous amount of time, and have resulted in my floor being coated in a fine layer of paper strips and glitter. Also, I possibly have some spray adhesive on my sheets, but these are the perils of dorm crafting I suppose.






As a counter-measure for the Christmas cheer, I'll leave you with the slightly disturbing creature that looked up at me from my bookshelf untill I gave her limbs yesterday.


















Peace out, girl scout!

No comments:

Post a Comment